Your Rights and Responsibilities
Attending a busy GP practice as a patient can be an anxious and worrying time for you. We aim to make your time here as short and as simple as possible and the following should help to explain what you, as a patient, can expect from our staff and what we, the staff, can expect from you.
Your Doctor’s Responsibilities
- To treat you with respect and courtesy at all times.
- To treat you as an individual, and to discuss with you the care and treatment we can provide.
- To give you full information on the services we offer.
- To give you the most appropriate care by suitably qualified staff.
- To provide you with emergency care when you need it.
- To refer you to a suitable consultant when necessary.
- To give you access to your health records, subject to any limitations in the law.
Your Responsibilities as a Patient
- To treat all staff with respect and courtesy at all times.
- To tell us if you are unsure about the treatment we are offering you.
- To ask for a home visit only when you are unable to attend the practice through illness or infirmity.
- To request such a visit before 10:00, if possible.
- To ask for an out-of- hours visit only when necessary.
- Please ensure that you order your repeat medication in plenty of time allowing 48 working hours for your request to be processed.
- To keep to your appointment time.
- To notify us at least 24 hours prior to an appointment if you cannot attend.
- To notify us of any changes to your personal details (e.g. name, address, telephone number, mobile numbers etc).