We are working through the criteria to vaccinate all our eligible patients. You will receive a message or be called directly when it is your turn to be booked.
For further information about the Salford COVID vaccine programme, please visit www.salfordccg.nhs.uk/covid-19-vaccine.
Who Will be Eligible for the COVID-19 Vaccine?
- The Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) are the independent experts who advise the Government on which vaccine/s the UK should use and provide advice on who should be offered the vaccination first.
- It is expected that we will only see a significant reduction in transmission when the majority of those age 50+ have been vaccinated.
Who Cannot Have the Vaccine?
- The COVID-19 vaccination is not recommended for women who are pregnant.
- People who are suffering from a fever-type illness / COVID-19 symptoms should also postpone having the vaccine until they have recovered.
Where will the COVID-Vaccines be Given in Salford?
- For people who are able to travel, ten vaccine hubs will be set up across Salford. The details of those sites are still being finalised.
- A plan is being developed for those who can’t leave home.
- Salford Primary Care Together, an organisation which joins up GP practices in the city, has been nominated to run the vaccination service on behalf of all GPs. Practices from the across the city will work together to staff the vaccine centres and some have volunteered to work on weekends to help roll out the vaccination programme. Other workers within the local NHS system will also be redeployed to the programme and the voluntary sector is expected to play a large part in the overall delivery operation too.
Our ask to the Public of Salford
Please do not contact your GP practice, hospitals or other NHS organisations regarding the COVID-19 vaccine. You will be contacted as soon as you become eligible. Thank you.
- We will contact you when it’s the right time to come forward so please don’t seek a vaccine before then.
- Please act on your invite and make sure you attend your appointments when you arrange them.
- Please be patient with us whilst we finalise our plans to roll out the vaccine.
- Continue to abide by hands, face, space guidance, which will still save lives.